Friday, October 5, 2012

[MV REVIEW] Gain Speaks Up With Bloom


O MY GOD, any of you have watched Gain's new MV - Bloom? This seems a 19+ MV (although for me the song itself can't be considered as 19+ too). Do you want to know what I mean? Go watch the MV first here: 


I want to talk about some stuffs (that probably people will see it just as random things put there) that attract my attention. Flower (bloom) and apple which appear in the beginning of MV look interesting. Well, this song is telling about the 'first time' of a girl (you know what I mean LOL). In the beginning of the MV we see Gain with various flowers with his innocent face, don't you think these flowers here to show the symbolization of womanhood --more to a girl in this case. 

Then after those scene with flowers, we see a room with some random stuffs put there, if you take a look closely there is a red apple in the table. That apple appears again in the next scene, even in the scene where Gain lying on the bed which is right in her right side. Apple takes the symbolization of forbidden fruit, but some other takes it as lust or sex desire. If we are going to talk about this MV, then this is true. After some scenes of Gain lying on bed, or tying up with blanket in veranda, we can see how the lust all over her: the scene where she sits on the floor in the kitchen (if you don't know what she does, she does masturbation) expresses it well. Yeah, probably this means how a girl in this 'blooming/flowering state' gonna act the same way too (idk) lol.

In the next scene, don't you want to think that 'hello why suddenly there are lambs in the garden (which fulls of flowers) with Gain and suddenly a man appears kissing her?' LOL. I think so much bout this one. Yeah, actually purity/innocent is symbolized by lamb. Well, Gain is a pure girl at first. But, the man appears, kissing her, and the next step of her life begins (she is not virgin/pure anymore). 

No wonder, after that the next scene is the 'bed scene' (which is not really revealing --ah rather). May I cough? *cough cough* the bed scene is done perfectly though, because we can see the 'steps' clearly until the 'climax' which the denouement is the appearing of a butterfly on the Gain's shoes. 

Why shoes? Why butterfly? Yes, shoes is equipment we wear to walk to the other path (put it more poetically lol). Then, butterfly is the symbolization of metamorphosis and changing the soul. Yes, just like me, all of us understand it enough, after those 'bed scenes' end and the butterfly appears, thus means that Gain (the girl) reaches the next path of her life, and of course her soul has changed somehow.

Well, well, I love how this MV thoroughly was made to make us, the audiences, understand the story line. The more thing is that those stuffs as symbolization were put there in smart way -step by step. I don't know why when I see a good MV I just can't stay calm. Thus, I wrote this review. But, still there is a thing I want to know: what's with Gain and red turtleneck? LOL ^^;; Besides, I can see how brave Gain to speak up with this song (you know what I mean --ahhLOL).

Here, if you want to know the meaning of the song (indeed the lyric fits perfectly with the MV):

I am a flower that hasn’t bloomed all the way
But the sunshine makes me bloom
With a smooth motion
Chemical blue ocean

How is this so good?
What did you do to me?
On that listless late night
What made my eyes open wide
Was that one kiss

Speak up speak up speak up speak
Speak up speak up speak

You can make me high
You can make me fly
Because I keep missing you
Because I want to hear from you
I want everything of you ah ah ah

You’re my wonderland
You’re my whole new world
Under the shooting stars
On your hill
Us together ah ah ah

Now I am
A flower that bloomed in your hand
My neuron has awoken
What do I do?
I’ve never been like this before

What do I care about what others think?
Who is that person who keeps whispering?
You are the universe that I chose
Will you hold me? Would you?
So I can hide in you

Are you good? What are you? Are you good?
Are you fake?

You can make me high
You can make me fly
Because I keep missing you
Because I want to hear from you
I want everything of you ah ah ah

Speak up speak up speak up speak
Speak up speak up speak up speak

My hand in yours is pretty eh eh
My lips calling your name is pretty eh eh

You’re the magic, oh
You’re the wonderland
I keep calling out to you
Falling asleep under the shooting stars
That beautiful ah ah ah

I love you
It’s the love
Your fantasies that you only dreamed of
Tell them to me ah ah ah

How is this so good?
What did you do to me?
This listless night tonight
I bloom once again
Oh only kiss me

(credit goes to: kpoplyric)

OK, this is just from my point of view. The symbolization terms I got from various sources on internet. Thank you, let's support Son Gain's Talk About S! ^^



10 comments:

  1. when I watched the video my eyes went like this
    ._. o_o O_o O_O *.* >_<

    HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like ur review...this is d 2nd review that i read from ur blog after Beast MV...hope that u can make review for other MV..;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you :) yess I hope I have time to write any other MV reviews... do you have any suggestion on what MV I should review? I want to review Hyuna tho .... LOL

      Delete
  3. OMG! I LOVE YOUR REVIEW...is so real
    you have a Brazilian reader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi thank you for reading^^ are you from Brazil? kkk, how come you find my blog, thank youuuu~

      Delete
    2. Yes I'm from Brazil,I was looking for a review and I found you hihi I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

      Delete
    3. oh thank you for loving my blog^^ are you kpoper as well?

      Delete
  4. wow, this has to be the most in-depth analysis of symbols for any MV I've read :D

    if I may add: I reckon it's a nice change that the song talks about "bloom"ing rather than the typical notion of "deflowering": it's like the song is saying that losing virginity isn't a bad thing, that it's something that adds a new type of beauty (blooming). Plus, the representation of "lust", the apple, isn't demonic or weirdly evil-looking or anything like *some directors* might portray it, it's just there and naturally fitting in.

    sorry that's a little long. but aaaah I can't stay calm when I see a good MV either ;w;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, thank you for reading and adding ^^bbb
      noprob, you can give comment as long as you want ^^;;;

      Delete