Thursday, February 14, 2013

[ONE SHOT FF] CAFFEINE: 'having a coke with you’


“Move faster, can you?” My boss ordered me around like hell right now. “It is from Yong Jun Hyung, he is freaking Beast’s rapper, don’t you know?”
“I know, sajangnim.” I said. “But, why must be me, out of these so many workers?” I asked. “The Coffee Shop is busy too.” I frowned as putting six cups of coffee into carton.
“Yah, you know, you are good on delivering … and faster than the others.” He answered. “Well, here it is the address.” He handed me a paper contained of an address. I looked at it for awhile and giggled.
“This is just around the corner, sajangnim.” I said. “So, there is a recording studio in that building I guess.” I took the carton and walked away from my boss’s sight. The address was just around the corner of this street. Actually it was still on the same block with the Coffee Shop I had been lately working at as a part timer. Ehm yeah, I needed few more money for my daily necessaries and some college’s stuffs. It was not like my dad couldn’t provide them, but as the world sucked, he kept on bankrupt. Oh hell yeah, so I was here being ordered by people around.
I saw a building that looked like a normal apartment and there was no sign of recording studio room. So, I walked slowly toward there. And gazed an arrow sign on the wall of the gate which was written ‘studio down’. Oh well, that English was suck, I chuckled, so short and so timid. I shook my head while went down, stepped down carefully on the stairs. I eyed a door in front of me when finally I reached the last stair.
Annyeonghaseyo.” I knocked the door. “Yeobeoseyo…” I knocked again. “Is anyone here?” I knocked thrice.
“Come on in.” Someone yelped from inside the room. “Don’t knock anymore.” He continued.
“Ah, I am sorry.” I turned the door knob. My head entered first for eyeing the condition of the room (in case there was this bunch of guys playing around like a mad). And it was totally safe, because I just could see a man lying on a couch. “This is your coffees.” I said as I put them on the table in front of the couch.
“Ehm … thank you.” He said, still lying on the couch, with blanket covered his body.
“I am sorry … you need to pay the coffee.” I whispered. He didn’t reply me back. He kept on lying there like there was no tomorrow. “Hi … I am sorry … hi …”
“WHAT NOW?” He opened the blanket and stared at me. “I AM SLEEPY AND FREAKING TIRED.” He added.
“I know … but, uhm … you need to pay what you had ordered, sir.” I said.
“Sir? Am I looking like an old ahjussi for you?” He sat on the couch.
“Of course not.” I said.
“Good. So, who are you?” He asked while taking a cup of coffee.
“Me? I am a worker in the Coffee Shop, right at the corner of this block.” I said.
“I know. What is your name?” He asked again.
“Is that important now?” I asked confusedly, “my name?”
“Ehm.” He nodded, “Your freaking name.” He added.
“Pay the coffee first, and I will let you know my name.” I uttered while folded my hands in front of my chest. “It’s not like I am a celeb that you need to know my name.” I mumbled.
Neo na  ara?” He asked suddenly when taking out his wallet.
“Yong Jun Hyung.” I replied. “Of course, I know. Why?”
“Why you look okay in front of me? Don’t you feel nervous?” He asked.
Nae ga wae?” I asked, didn’t really get it, why should I feel nervous in front of him. “Why must I feel nervous?”
“Because I am a popular guy.” He said.
“Hyaaa hahahahah.” I laughed out loud. “Don’t kid me.” I patted my stomach. Omg, this guy was so much funny.
“Why you laugh?” He asked me, looked angry.
“Do all people in the world have to be your fans?” I sat beside him. “I tell you, there are many good bands out there at Hongdae every night!” I said.
“Better than me?” He eyed me.
“Ehm.” I nodded. “Of course, you do not believe me.” I said.
“Show me then.” He said.
“Uh?”
“Tonight, 9 PM, after your shift ended, let’s meet here.” He gazed me.
“How do you know my shift time?” I looked at him, curious.
“Just because…” He smiled. “This, the money … and see you tonight!”
---
“Wohaaaa you really know best places …” He hugged my shoulder with his left hand. “Those were really awesome bands.” He said. “You know better than me, Euncha-sshi.”
“Thank you for the compliment.” I smiled. “By the way, is it okay for you to act like this?”
“Why?” He asked.
“I mean, look you are a big artist who has many fans.” I said, eyed him who staring at me.
“I have this mask on, why worry?” He said while touching the mask that covered half of his face. “Let’s grab something nice. I am hungry!” He grabbed my wrist and dragged me into an alley.
“Why an alley?” I gazed this little alley. Since it was already past midnight, the alley got so dark. But, still, many people flooded Hongdae. “Is there any good café around?” I asked him when a man bumped into Junhyung, and made us moved to the side of the alley. I almost fell when Junhyung gripped my waist and I stood directly, without realizing that my face was just an inch from Junhyung’s face. He planted a gaze on my eyes, for a second I could feel his lips touched mine. I widened my eyes as he kept kissing me because I didn’t back off. “What a jerk.” I whispered in between kisses. “Let’s stop.” I said. He gasped the air, “Huh?” He grunted.
“You are already a boyfriend of that popular girl.” I said.
“Huh?” He was still panting, losing  his self-control.
“You already have Hara.” I uttered, against his lips. He eyed me, I looked at him. He pecked my lips, and smiled.
“I am sorry.” He said. “I … I … just …” He stuttered.
“It’s okay.” I cut his words. “Let’s grab something nice. Don’t you feel hungry?”
“Huh?”
“Hyaaa!” I patted his forehead. “Back to your sense!”
“Ahh … I am sorry.” He said again. “Gajaaa…” He gripped my wrist, “let’s eat something nice.”
---
“I am sorry for earlier.” He said while drinking his cola. Now we have sat in a café in the end of the alley.
“It’s okay, I said.” I drank my cola too, “this is funny how both of us like cola!” I smiled.
“Ehm, that’s true.” He laughed. “And, what a coincidence today I asked you out.” He uttered. “Thank you so much.” He added.
“Ehm … is it probably because I am not your fans?” I giggled. “To be honest, I am Yang Yoseob’s fans.”
“Really?”
“No. I am just kidding.” I laughed. “You are such a naïve guy!” I ate a slice of pizza, “your fans must think you are a swag rapper, cool and so on, right?” I winked, “but you are completely not.”
“Aish … I am actually a cool guy.” He hissed.
“If they haven’t known you well I guess.” I said while finished eating my pizza.
“So, Euncha-sshi, you are actually not even close enough with me.” He said. I looked at him while nodding. “But, why do we look like have known each other since long time ago?”
“Ehm, I don’t know.” I shook my head. “Do you have any idea?”
“So do I,” He laughed. “If only I haven’t been taken …” he mumbled against the mouth of the cola can.
“If only?” I chuckled. “So let’s pretend you are single now, what will happen?”
“I’m going to date you!” He said, made me chuckle more. “Why? Why?”
“Is this really Yong Junhyung who usually appears on my TV screen? Really?” I gulped my cola. “Why you fall for me?” I asked. “It doesn’t make sense.”
“Does it need to make sense to fall in love?” He asked, put his cola on the table.
“Wohooo, love?” I looked at him. “Really? freaking that ‘love’ you mean? Not just a mere lust?” I patted his hand. “You are gonna be kidding me, Mr. Yong!”
“In truth, I don’t know. But, what do you think about this condition: having a coke with you like this is just so freaking amazing than going abroad to hold a concert. Or, it is better than having a freaking boring date with Hara.”
“Why? You don’t love her anymore?” I asked.
“It’s not like I do not love her anymore.” He said. “But, you know this feeling that you can no more trust your lover. That’s it. I have lost my affection as knowing she had done many things behind my back.”
“What does that mean?”
“That means I want to end this relationship but I just can’t.” He said.
“Poor you,” I squeezed his hand, “so, why don’t we seize the day? Let’s have a coke together.” I said. “It’s good too, so I can forget my freaking problem too.”
“What is it?” He asked.
“Not something important.” I answered. “So, do you think if you haven’t met Hara, you will have confessed to me that you love this stranger in front of you?” I asked.
“Probably … yes.” He said.
“Gyaahahaha … it’s like I am caffeine.” I hissed.
“What do you mean?” He looked at me, didn’t understand.
“Caffeine … once you drink it, you just can’t stop it. Like this coke.” I laughed.
“Caffeine … that’s good …” He said.
“So … how we gonna end this date?” I blinked my eyes. He smiled.
“Let’s just have a coke together like this, Euncha-sshi.” He said.
---
“Thank you for this night. I won’t ever forget this.” He said.
“Me too, thank you, I am sorry for coming so late to your life.” I said, held my tears to not shed.
“I am sorry too, for not being patient waiting for you.” He mumbled.
“Thank you for having a coke with me.” I whispered against his lips.
“It’s a pleasure having a coke with you.” He smiled before I taste the sweetest love ever. “I love you.” He whispered.
“I love you too. I really don’t know what happen to me.” A tear fell on my cheek.
“You are bad to me … like caffeine … so bad to me, Euncha-sshi.” Our cheeks got wet as we sobbing and moaning in this recording studio.
“I am sorry …” I kept repeating the same words.
---
Few weeks later …
“Euncha! Euncha! This song is so great!” One of my co-workers came to me in the middle of the busy shop.
“What song exactly?” I asked lazily.
“This! Caffeine!” She said while handed me an ipod, “listen it.” I took the earphone and listened to the song. My heart skipped a beat when seeing the name of the singer, Yang Yoseob, composed by Yong Junhyung. What is this?
“Euncha! Euncha! Help this table!” I saw my friend waved to me, I put the ipod on table, and walked to him, “help clean this table.” I just simply nodded. In the middle of cleaning the table, I saw a paper there, written:
“Euncha-sshi, I am sorry, I just can’t simply forget you. I made a song for my BEAST fellow’s solo album project. A song entitled ‘Caffeine’ is for you. I got the title from our maknae, but the song is simply for you. I don’t know what happen to me. I don’t know how could you so bad to me … just like caffeine … I am sorry. Saranghae…”
I couldn’t hold my tears as I ran crazily to that recording studio which I hadn’t visited for weeks. I hadn’t had courage to meet him. So did him. It was because that night, we had promised to not see each other again. But, what is it? Why he comes to me like this? Why? My heart hurts. I was hurt. I felt so much pain. I was panting so hard when I reached the basement that supposed to be the recording studio, but as I opened the door, none was there, and the room was completely empty. There was no sign of recording studio before. He had left me alone.
 “Having a coke with you … I must have missed it a lot, Junhyung-ahh.” I crawled to the floor while crying so hard.
You are so bad to me …
Bad to me …
Like caffeine …
-fin-

this idea came to my mind like a flash light, so I ended up writing it into a one shot fanfic, lol, hope everyone enjoy it^^

No comments:

Post a Comment