Sunday, January 6, 2013

[FANFIC] "I DON'T KNOW LOVE" part 28



[MIINAH]
“Wow, this is funny how netizens do not oppose your relationship, guys!”
“Ehm yes indeed.” I said.
“You both even have shippers. And … is this a fansite? I mean... the shippers make sites for uploading your photos with Dujun have … a freaking date! Gosh, Korean netizens have grown up, I see!”
“Yes, unnie. But, can you imagine in the middle of lunch suddenly there is this group of girls taking photo of you and your lover eating fried chicken and drinking mmakgeolli in your very own friends’ restaurant?”
“You mean Yoseob’s parent’s restaurant, Miinah.”
“Ehm, well, thank you for the correction.” I said, “Yeah, that’s. You have a nice lunch, but suddenly ‘puuufff’ chaos once they recognize us.” I laughed.
“But I know you guys happy, right?” she asked.
“Absolutely, unnie. Beauty-s on our side. I mean, they love our relationship to the point stalk us!”
“Yeah, fan girls are good in acting like paparazzi you know.” She said while closing the laptop she was in almost an hour because she was amazed by the fact how many sites dedicated to Dujun and I mushrooming right now. “And you know, girl, lately, they follow your fashion style. Kinda like you are a fashion trendsetter now among the fan girls –beauty actually and the shippers of course.” She said while giggled. “And the idols too, actresses follow your style. Well, you are the precious daughter of Mr. Choi indeed, and Beast’s leader’s girlfriend and I see you have a very good taste in fashion. What a life, girl.”
“That is … I don’t know why they follow my style … and the funniest thing is that … sometimes they give edit on my photo with Dujun like this … ehm … ‘a simple shirt is a simple way to move Beast oppa’s heart?’ when I read that I was like ‘wow they mock me’ … but the next day, many of them wear the same pattern of my ‘simple’ shirt. I can’t help but laughing, unnie.” I said while patted my legs. “But, I love them and thank them.”
“Duri … Miinah …!” I heard the voice of Mrs. Yoon, Dujun’s eomma from the kitchen on the first floor.
Neee, eomma!” Duri unnie stood up from her place, “We are coming!” she continued. “Hey Miinah …,” she whispered when we walked side by side, to the kitchen.
Ne, unnie?” I whispered back.
“But, the latest photo they were uploaded was about two weeks ago which means four weeks after you moved here.” She said. “Are you still in a good mood with my dongsaeng, right?” she gazed me.
“I think … so.” I said. “He is busy lately. The drama is a big hit, right?” I continued, “The chemistry between him and that main actress is good, unnie.” I sighed. “By the way unnie, it has been six months I am living here.” I giggled. “Do I bother you?”
“What? No. No. Really. I am happy having a sister, finally.” She said while hugging my shoulder. “I hate having that bastard dongsaeng around, he only loves football, whinning, and never really puts interest on me, except beating my boy friend back then in elementary school, muaaaahhhaaaa ….”
“Beat … beating?”
“Yup. He cheated on me. That is why Dujun had a very nice fight with him.” She chuckled. “He indeed has the habit of gangster, you know.”
“I see.” I giggled. “Sometimes he kicks me too.”
“Really?”
“Kinda … yes.” Both of us laughed.
“So, he hasn’t been coming home for ehmm… like two weeks now, right, Miinah?” once we stopped laughing, Duri unnie back to the main topic. “He seldom goes home tho, but eomma thank God for sending you so she can meet her son twice, or thrice, if lucky four times in a week.”
“Yeah, but now he seems forget to come home.” I said, rather sad, realize how I missed him.
“Miinah …,” Duri unnie patted my back, “don’t be sad. He must be very busy that can’t visit home. He must be coming when have time. Dujun is a very lovely and caring boy. Believe me. Now, let’s have dinner.” She dragged me to the kitchen where I found myself stunned like a statue.
“Why? It’s like you have been seeing a ghost …” I widened my eyes hearing that words came from the person who sat in the chair at the kitchen.
“Wohooo, you are coming over!” Duri unnie hugged him, “You remember that you actually have home?” she ruffled his hair. I planted my gaze to him; I still stood in my feet, in a daze.
“Duri-yahh, what do you say? Of course he remembers us.” Eomma was serving the table, “Miinah-ahh, aigoo, come … here … sit here … what are you doing standing like that there?” Eomma eyed Duri unnie who stood right away and dragged me to sit between him and her.
“How are you?” he asked. I still looked at him in a daze. I didn’t know how I missed him that for these two weeks I just could watch him over the television through his newest drama.
“Me? I am … okay.” I said, short.
“This is for Miinah.” Eomma handed me a bowl of rice. “Dujun …, Appa …, Duri ….” Each of us had been given a bowl of rice, ready for having a nice dinner, “let’s pray before eating.” Eomma said. The room fell in silence. I was about to intertwine my fingers when Dujun took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.
“I want to pray with you.” He whispered. I look at the others. Luckily all of them were closing their eyes. I looked back at Dujun. I just nodded. “Do it fast!” I whispered back. He nodded. Both of us intertwined our fingers and closed our eyes.
“God, let this food given by yours give us the power to always stay strong and live for a very long time. Amen.”  He said, made me chocked. What a nice words he arranged. If I were alone, I would have been crying now. For sure, this is the best pray I had ever heard. I opened my eyes, gasped the air. He looked at my eyes directly, and smiled. “I love you.” He whispered.
“Uh um.” Someone coughed. I looked at the Yoon family. The three of them were watching us right now. I felt my cheek became so red right now. “You guys can have fun with each other after having dinner, is this okay?” Mr. Yoon smiled, while taking spoonful rice and eating it. “Have a nice dinner everyone.”
Dujun laughed. “Ne, appa.” He said. Then all of us started to dig in our meals.
After having dinner together, I sat beside Duri unnie while watching the TV in the Dujun’s room –the room I had been sleeping for almost six months. Unnie and I had been like real sibling, we attached to each other almost all day. Dujun was with eomma and appa, talking about something I didn’t have any idea, in their room. “Unnie …” I said.
“Hmm …”
“What do they talk about? It seems so serious.” I said.
“I don’t have any idea.” She answered.
“…”
“Do you want to know?”
I nodded. “I hope it’s not something about me, unnie.” I said.
“Muaahaaa… you are too confident huh,” She patted my arms. “By the way, Miinah, thank you for the scarf. It is really nice, Imma wear that in the winter.” She continued. “You have just finished it, right?”
“Yes. Two days ago.” I said, “I’m sorry I can’t finish it as soon as possible, because my fingers were so naughty.” I showed my injured fingers.
“Sst… it’s okay Miinah. I’m happy got a gift from you, my sister.” She hugged me. “Thank you for coming to our life, Miinah.” She said while smiling, “now let’s enjoy the new episode of our Dujun’s drama!” she clicked to the channel of Dujun’s drama  would have been aired. Both of us sat on the couch while paying attention to the TV –very focus. Kkk.
Dujun’s face appeared in the screen made me and unnie giggled at first. But then, we silently watched the TV. It was then commercial break when I gazed something in the DVD shelf. I moved to grab that thing, a lollipop covered with a transparent plastic which I remembered appeared on my dream back then in the hospital. Someone had eaten a quarter of it.
“Unnie… this is Dujun’s belongings?” I asked unnie who was playing with her phone.
“Ehm… yes… that day he brought it after playing football with his friends.” She explained. “He said something like… ‘nuna, how long we can keep a lollipop to not melt?’ ehm something like that…” she continued, “why?” she asked.
“Oh, nothing… Did he tell you from where the lollipop came?” I asked while eyed the lollipop. It was still good, just melted here and there. But this was extremely fine. “I have been in here like six months but I saw it just now.” I hissed.
“He… told me… from a little girl…” Unnie rolled her eyes, recalled the past, “whose smile as sweet as this lollipop, he said.” She chuckled, “What a funny boy at such young age.”
“Oh…” Then I placed the lollipop back to its place.
“Oh, it begins.” Unnie and I back to watch Dujun’s drama which was appearing the first kiss scene of this Drama. Dujun was coming closer toward the main actress’s lips. I felt like wanting to close my eyes, but I felt curious as well. “Oh my God, andwaeee~ they are kissing! Dujun is kissing her!” Duri unnie almost yelped. I just looked at the screen, in a rather jealousy.
“Woaww.” I surprised seeing the kiss scene got intense, “He really kisses her passionately….” I whispered.
Nugu?” I heard the very voice of Dujun, in my right ear made me jump from my place. He smirked. I widened my eyes while palming his chest. I didn’t know when he came to the room.
“You surprise me!” I hissed.
“Hyaa, neo, Dujun, why do you sit in the middle of us?” I heard Duri unnie hit his back while yelped. “If you want to smooch each other, go sit over there, right beside Miinah.”
Unnie ….” I hissed, shyly.
“Hyaaa…, nuna, you… you should go out from my freaking room. This is my room.” Said Dujun, sticking out his tongue. “And by the way Miinah is my girlfriend, how can you act as if you own her?” he glared at unnie.
“Hyaaaa, neoooo….!!” Duri unnie kicked and punched him nonstop. “Stupid boy! Okay, I will go to my room! Huh!” she stood and kicked Dujun’s butt once before smiling at me, “Have a nice night, Miinah! And thank you for the scarf!” she went to the door, and mehrong once again to Dujun before dismissing from our sight. I giggled seeing this sibling. They were indeed funny.
Babo nuna …” He hissed, removed his cardigan, and threw it to his side. “You guys like idiots watching my drama … muaaahaaa …” He laughed. “Even got surprised by that kiss scene! That was just a camera trick.” He continued.
“I don’t believe you.” I said. “This is a real kissing scene. Look …” I pointed the screen with my chin where the kissing scene was still happening. “How many minutes this scene will last … so long for just kissing each other.” I murmured. “Aishh.” I hissed.
“…” Dujun watching his own drama, “Aish, you guys like perverts… watching me doing this.” He chuckled a little. At that time I took the lollipop from the shaft. “Instead watching it and making you jealous… how about we try it, Min …” He turned his face to me and smiled, he got closer and closed the gap between us, right when our distance just the tiny air, I placed the lollipop in front of my lips, in the middle of us. He widened his eyes, realized he kissed the big lollipop instead of my lips. But, he smiled and kissed the lollipop deeply while closing his eyes, his left hand gripped my right wrist which was holding the lollipop. This action indeed surprised me. This was funny. A lollipop kissing scene? I laughed. He stopped the kiss, and ruffled my hair. “It is more romantic than that …” he pointed the TV, “lollipop kiss!” he laughed. “But… the lollipop?” he looked taken a back. “That is mine, right?” He asked.
“Ehm … yes … of course.” I nodded. “You owe me explanation about this lollipop, Duj.” I whispered.
He smiled.
I smiled.
Then, what so called fate really existed in this world.
---
[DUJUN]
“Miinah, are you ready?” I asked.
“I don’t know.” She whispered.
“We are gonna do it, right?” I asked again.
“Will we?” She looked at me with her moist eyes.
“You are not afraid, right?” I asked in an instant.
“A little.” She answered.
“Why?”
“Because … I will have a new life after this …” She said while gripped the blanket over us.
“That new life will be with me, Miinah.” I said, kissed her eyes, one by one.
“I know.” She hissed. “But, I feel nervous you know …”
“Nervous?” I asked in disbelief. “Why?”
“You know … choosing a gown for a wedding …” She inhaled, “our wedding.”
“So, you are not ready for this?” I asked, “For our marriage?” I opened the blanket over us which had covered us for thirty minutes already. We were such morons. Talking about ‘choosing gown and suit for wedding’ in the middle of night while cuddling in the bed, under blanket. It was not like the walls would capable to hear it.
“That’s not what I mean, Dujun-ahh.” She hissed. “Why don’t you tell me some days ago?” She moved closer to me, and pulled the blanket. “I still don’t have any idea what kind of gown I would like to wear.”
“So, you are not ready because of this?” I chuckled. “Silly girl.” I hugged her shoulder, pulled her against me. “I just have time to go home today. And, I have said the plan to my parents.”
“Back then in their room?” she asked.
“Yes.” I replied. “Tomorrow will be my day off. And we can choose the best gown you want to wear for our wedding.” I said, while planted a kiss in her forehead, “not like we gonna have the wedding tomorrow, Miinah.” I giggled.
“You just don’t know how the feeling of being woman who will get married.” She patted my chest. “We never ready … but, it’s not like we are not going to do it. We love it –very much. But …”
“You are going to be ready because you will choose the gown with me.” I smiled. “Because I’ll be there for you, Miinah.” 
“I know …” She hugged my waist. “Moreover, who will guess that I will get married to the random boy I had ever met in my childhood??” She laughed, followed by me.
“How bout we make the wedding decoration with lollipop theme? Isn’t it beautiful, Min?” I suggested. “Instead of throwing the flower bouquet, you will throw lollipops bouquet?!”
“Muaahhaaa … that is funny!” she laughed. “We are going to beat Sunye’s wedding for this year then… as you are also an idol who will have gotten married in the same year as her.”
“Yups. We are gonna be on the headlines. That is fun.” I giggled. “Our photos gonna be on the newspaper … ehm … by the way, talking about photo, where were you heading this noon? Eomma told me you went to somewhere this noon?”
“…” She didn’t answer me. I gazed her. “Ehm… You know, I have a job too…” she uttered, “photographs of course!” she added fast.
“Oh …” I nodded, “Is it doing well? Won’t you tell me what are you doing actually?” I asked.
“Ehm … I will … but, not now …” She avoided my eyes, and looked at the clock which was ticking on the wall. “Ehm … it has been one in the morning … let’s go to sleep, Duj.” She said while loosened her hug. Meanwhile I tightened my hug. She eyed me. I smiled.
Aigoo … uri princess … let’s sleep …” I patted her back, and hugged her tightly. “Let’s sleep … jalja …” I saw her closed her eyes, before closing my own eyes.
I felt ready for tomorrow. I felt ready for the new days we are going to be through together.
Ready, for everything.
---
to be cont

2 comments: