Friday, February 8, 2013

[FANFIC] GOOD BYE TO ROMANCE 11



THE SHOES GIRL
 
“I am going to meet you tomorrow, Hae Seo-ahh.” I was talking to Hae Seo through the phone after I had my phone finally. Ahjussi had bought me one so I could contact everyone I wanted. “Mian, I am not able to contact you these days.”
Araseo! I will wait for you. Eomma will cook something nice for you tomorrow, Jae In!” Her voice heard so cheerful made me happy. “She missed you a lot too.”
“Ah geurae? Ah gomawooo. Okay, see you tomorrow. Annyeong~~” I said while hung the phone. I laid my back on the bed while seeing the ceiling. I let some breathe. There, I saw Dujun’s face. I shook my head tried to erase his face on the ceiling. But he was just staying there still. I sighed. “What are you, Yoon Dujun? What are you?” I mumbled as I closed my eyes.

6 years ago...
That was a windy day. I held some books on my hands when I walked beside the soccer field. I could hear the cheering voices of fan girls there that I decided to watch it by myself. I stood in the corner of the field when I saw him kicked the ball. He was super cool, I giggled. Sometimes at that kind of time, I would always smile crazily because knowing that I was the luckiest one among these girls for being able to date him, although, he would never once have a plan to reveal it to public. I was young and naïve, I didn’t expect something bad would come to our togetherness until he decided to be a trainee, and our hours to spend together had decreased. So, the   time I had to meet him just at night after he had finished his practicing or the time like this, at school. But, lately I felt like he was too far away to be reached. I didn’t know whether we still stayed the same or not -our love, our dreams- did they still stay the same? For he never once told the content of his heart to me no matter how tired he was.
I let a big sighed when suddenly I felt something hit my head. “Acck …” I saw a ball fell to the ground after hitting me. I scratch my head. “It hurts …” I whispered. Then, I saw him walked toward me, got closer, closer, and closer.
“Why are you standing there?” He asked while taking the ball. “That’s your fault.” He said, and walked, left me alone.
“What?” I stuttered. Could he become nicer to me? It was not like I was a stranger. Without realizing what I did, I took one of my shoes, and yelped, “HYAAAA, NEO, YOON DUJUN!” and I threw my shoe on him which landed perfectly on the top of his head.
Suddenly the cheers were silent. And, the people who were there frozen. I could feel the fan girls of him starred at me angrily. I didn’t have any idea how but I had the right to do it, HYAA, I WAS HIS GIRL FRIEND! I wanted to sounding this fact to the whole school, like really now, but I just ran to the other side of school.

I opened my eyes. “That was so silly, Jae In ahh.” I whispered to myself. “The young Jae In was a silly girl.” Then I took a pillow, and put it above my face, before I closed my eyes.

“Ah jinjjaa?” Hae Seo looked at me from behind her milk box. “You are crazy indeed.”
“Ehm.” I nodded. “I am crazy. But, I am his girl friend.”
“Sst. People will hear.” She hissed.
“I … I don’t care anymore.” I uttered.
“Jae In, don’t you think his fans will bully you?” She whispered. “Look, that bossy girl comes towards our table.” Hae Seo pointed to the direction behind my back with her chin. I turned my head to see a group of girls coming toward us.
“Okay, here they are coming.” I whispered. “I am doomed.”
“Jae In, maja?” The tallest girl among them asked me right in front of my nose.
Majayo. Geundae, why do you use banmal to me? We are not close enough …”
“For doing this …” And I fell something wet on my head, hair, face, and shirt. She had watered me with two boxes of milk. I closed my eyes. Held my tears, and wiped the milk on my face fast. I starred at her. She starred at me back. “Wae? Angry? You deserve it, bitch!”
Mwo?” I almost yelled, when one of them watered another box of milk to my head. I gazed Hae Seo who stayed still on her chair, looked so pale and weak.
“Remember this, the shoes girl … how about this name?” The tallest girl asked her friends.
Eung. Just call her ‘shoes girl’ from now on!” Her friends tossed their hands to the air. I saw them angrily.
“Well, the shoes girl, remember this, now you are on our black list. That’s the punishment for doing that kind of thing to our oppa!” She took my chin on her fingers, and eyed me, “be ready for the most terrible days of yours, the shoes girl.” She whispered before walking left me and Hae Seo on our seats, trembling so badly.
“Jae In-ahh, ottohkae …” Hae Seo came toward me, but a hand already gripped my wrist. I gazed the owner of the hand who dragged me out from canteen without even a word. I walked followed behind him with milk still all over my body, I saw the floor. I didn’t dare to see my surrounding, afraid all eyes at school now were watching us. I held my tears to not shed. Suddenly he stopped walking and I hit his back. I took a few steps backward. I eyed his back and I realized we were on the roof top at the moment.
“This.” He handed me a handkerchief. “Mian … mian …”
“Why this morning …”
Mian …”
“Now all of them hate me.” I whispered.
Mian …” He repeated that word over and over.
***
“The shoes girl!” I heard a very familiar nickname of mine from behind my back when I walked on the road heading to Hae Seo’s home. I turned my head to see a tall woman with long coat walked hurriedly to my direction. “Majayo? Jang Jae In?”
Nugunde?” I asked.
“Eun Gie.” She answered, “The one who threw milk on you.” She giggled. “Mian for that time.” She added. “That was just so childish.” She walked beside me. “I heard you moved to Indonesia? I am sorry I hadn’t had a chance to apologize to you.” She said. “Now you have forgotten about that bullying, right?” She continued.
“I think so.” I said. “That had already been in the past.” I didn’t even remember her face now had been becoming this beautiful, this ‘tallest girl of Dujun’s fan girls’ had grown up too. How about Hae Seo, how did she look like now?
“Where will you go?” She asked.
“Hae Seo’s home.” I said.
“Ahh … are you still being friends with her?”
“Euhm.” I nodded.
“So, you still haven’t heard the rumor I guess.” She whispered.
“What kind of rumor?” I asked.
“That … ahh … now that I have found out that actually you were back then Dujun’s girl friend …” she kept talking to herself.
“How do you know?” I asked.
“Hae Seo told me.”
Mwo?”
“Yes. She is not what you think all this time, Jae In-ahh.” She said.
“What does that mean?” I frowned. “I won’t believe you. You, bully me.”
“Up to you … and I am sorry for that time, I was just still so young and naïve you know.” She uttered. “Now, I have married and have a daughter, do you think I will still lie and do such childish thingy? I won’t ever again.” She said. “Jae In-ahh, if you find out the truth and need companion, comes to me. Remember, my name is Eun Gie, I live here.” She stood in front of a house, there I saw in the veranda a little girl played with her dolls, and when she saw Eun Gie, she ran toward her and called her ‘Eomma eomma …’
I blinked my eyes.
“Okay, Jae In-ahh, see you. I am really sorry for what I had done in the past.” She bowed to me and opened the gate of her house. I bowed back to her while my head became so dizzy.
***
-to be cont-

2 comments: