Tuesday, October 29, 2013

[RANDOM THOUGHT] TROUBLEMAKER IS NOT PLAGIARIZING

Hi, good morning, peeps! 

This is actually a very nice morning until I read something that makes me go 'what? O_O duh, another close minded people and culture'. Well, first of all, my very own country fellows are also still trapped in this condition for saying like K-netizens that this video is plagiarizing that video from another country, etc. But, that kind of songs and videos have charted pretty well on their digital charts and YouTube. I see, all the same for us wherever your country is. 

Actually what I am talking about is referring to the case that Troublemaker's new MV 'Now' or 'There is no Tomorrow' being accused having similarities with Rihanna's 'We Found Love' by Korean netizens. Although, many people/fans internationally have recognized it, but they are precisely wiser. This is not plagiarism, this is just some kind of similar idea but not exactly the same -NOT THE WHOLE THING TO BE HONEST, YES? AND EVERYONE CAN FREELY USE THE FIREWORKS AND MAKING LOVE IN THE CAR SCENE IN THEIR MUSIC VIDEO BECAUSE THIS IS NOT SOMETHING NEW, OR NEW INVENTION IN THIS WORLD LIKE THOMAS ALFA FOUND LAMP BACK THEN. Sorry.

Can't you see the completely different concept of both of those music videos. I don't really know about Rihanna's music video because I am not a big fan of Rihanna and when I watched the music video, I was just like 'yeah, this is what western culture couples usually do, right? a brutal and wasted relationship which finally makes the girl goes tired (imo, okay)? and a typical American music video.' Why do I say it typical American music video? Because their music video usually just portraying the condition, not the philosophical side. Meanwhile for Eastern, especially Korean culture loves to show this philosophical side more (on my country too sometimes does the same) .

Can you understand what I am talking about? In my opinion, beautiful music video which carried this philosophical within it will give us the catharsis to say 'woah, this is beautiful, why there is this scene? why must the girl wear this? why must the man suddenly become like this?' which you need to watch it twice or more to get your deeper interpretation. Meanwhile for the music video that just shows the surface condition by showing acts and scenes without any further portraying of the second deep meaning, it actually just gives us entertain, but not catharsis, the feeling or emotional that growing on you.

When I watched Rihanna's 'We Found Love' music video I don't feel the attachment of being mesmerized or amazed, but once I watched Troublemaker's 'Now' I feel like being trapped in another world with the couple's troublesome relationship. Blame me that I am taking side of Troublemaker because I am personally an Asian (not because me myself a Beauty and a big fan of Jang freaking Hyunseung, okay?) and I love the more artistic and philosophical stuff than those which showing us sexing without any deep meaning within it.

You want to know what the deep meaning I am saying here? Go check my interpretation of Troublemaker's music video: review Troublemaker's 'Now'. Well, if you know there is this theory of interpretation which you can interpret the video/text literally, about what you watch, and just stop up to there, you do not want to seek it deeper, but there are some people who want to get better understanding by seeking and finding and thinking of the next level of interpretation, it can be symbolically or semiotically which is included into Hermeneutic theory.

From this simple thought of mine, you can see, how different those two music videos are actually. Isn't it obviously seen since from Rihanna's music video you mostly can't find what I have elaborated about Troublemaker's music video through my writing before?

Rihanna - We Found Love

Troublemaker - Now (There is no Tomorrow)

Thank you, it has been a good morning with this sudden random thoughts. No one could sue me just because of this opinion because I have my own copyrighted of saying this kind of thing and yeah, this is my own blog.

Chill, folks.


2 comments:

  1. yeah !! Troublemaker - Now MV plagiarized RIhanna - We Found Love MV is merely joke of the year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. er.. where is the same point that appear in both MV?? i didn't see the similarity in between except for the western culture..

    ReplyDelete