Sunday, January 20, 2013

[FANFIC] GOOD BYE TO ROMANCE 04

THE FLIGHT

This was a very cold morning of Jakarta. I held my jacket, and zipped it. But, the wind kept coming over. And, I could feel it touched my cheeks. Indeed cold. It was probably because this dawn the rain had poured really hard. I eyed the Monas. What am I doing here? I tried to make my sense back. But, I just couldn’t do it, when ‘he’ was standing right beside me. 
“This is cold. How about we back to the hotel?” I suggested. “And I’ll drive you to the airport at noon.” I added, looked at him for awhile.
“This is what you called as sight-seeing this morning?” He pointed to the Monas. “To see this?” He said. “I better got going with my group last night then.” He mumbled.
“Then, why yesterday, your Prof asked me to guide all of you while last night Prof Son and the others had the flight?” I frowned. He indeed had the talent to make me mad. “And, you, why you still here? You could go with them last night. Why? I am asking you.”
“Do I need to tell you?” He whispered. “But, who are you to let me tell you my reason, huh?”
I glared at him, wanted to scratch him. “You don’t need to, Yoon Dujun-sshi.” I said while turned around to walk to the parking lot. “What? I was not the one insisting to guide him. He was the one asked me to take him here this morning.” I couldn’t stop mumbling. “When he saw the top of it, he insisted to see the gold. Once he gets here, he mocks it. Bastard.”
“What are you talking about behind me?” I didn’t have any idea how came he had walked beside me with his proud smile. “By the way before you drop me to the hotel, please give me breakfast.” He said while palming his stomach.
“You never change.” I hissed.
“What?” He whispered. “I thought we have never met before, how do you know if I have changed or not?” He arched one of his eyebrows.
I didn’t answer him. I just walked by. I hated him to my bone.
***
“Last night, Prof Son and my friends got a call from our college.” He said, in the middle of eating porridge. “Something came up, and they took the night flight.” He added. “I don’t have business with that project, so I decide to take this noon flight.” He continued. “So, why don’t I see you before I …”
“I am not asking you, Yoon Dujun-sshi.” I interrupted him, finished my porridge, and gulped my hot tea. “Why are you so noisy?” I sighed. “I thought my ears going to get damaged because of your non-stop twittering.” I stood from my seat, pretended to scratch my right ear, “I’ll pay them. If you finished, go back to the car, I’ll wait there.” Without looking at his face, I walked toward my car which I parked in the bang of the road. Actually in my heart I laughed out loud, could you imagine I had made Yoon Dujun, that famous leader of BEAST ate porridge at a street vendor in Jakarta. No one noticed him of course. He just damn looked like a normal boy at our age.
“Jang Jae In-sshi, wait.” I could hear his voice followed by his footsteps sound behind me. “Let’s go together.”
***
It had been already noon. BEAST’ On Rainy Days was being played, echoed in my room. I packed the things into my luggage. As much as I wanted to cry, no tear would come out. I just coldly put everything into my luggage. If this was the condition, I would face it. If she wanted me to go there, I would do it. It was not like I didn’t want to meet dad. But, it was because I didn’t have any idea why I need to meet him again. I shook my head. If he was in coma, what was the relation with me?
“Jane, we should be there in an hour. Are you ready?” I heard mom knocked my door. “Don’t bring much stuff. Just take the most important.” She said. “Hurry up. Mom will wait in the car.” She added, and I could hear her footsteps left my door.
I watched my room once more. This was the most comfortable place I had ever had. The bed, the table, my books, my dolls, and many more things. Well, it was not like I wouldn’t see them for years. I would be back soon. I eyed my room for the last time before opened the door, walked out, and closed it behind me.
“Jane. You can do it.” I whispered to myself as I walked to the front door to meet my mom who had been waiting in the car.
“Oh, Jane, hurry!” She opened the car door.
“Mom, we need to pick up someone. He has the same flight with me.” I said. “That is Prof Waskito’s latest task.” I added.
“Oh, really? Okay then.” Mom turned on the engine. I saw our home became small, small, and smaller from the rearview mirror.
***
“Oh, I don’t know that the one we need to pick up is Dujun!” Mom kept talking about the same stuff for almost fifteen minutes now. “How are you now Dujun? You have grown up a lot, I see.” Mom looked at him happily. “You guys hung out a lot back then in the middle school.” She even added the insignificant reminiscence. “Now, you are an artist, right? Hahah.”
“Mom, stop it …”
“Yes, ahjumma …” Dujun cut my words made me pouted my lips. “In the past we were supposed to be friend.” He continued.
“Right, Dujun-ahh. I remember you would come to our home to study with her. But, that Hae Bum … who’s his name back then … that tall handsome boy … Soo Ah’s older brother … who’s that, Jane?” Mom kept focusing to the road but it seemed her thoughts had flied to ten years ago.
Majayo, ahjumma. His name is Hae Bum.” Dujun said. I looked at him, my eyes almost popped out from their places. “Four of us were often hanging out together.”
“Shut up, will you?” I yelped, “Both of you.” I added when mom glared at me angrily.
“Jane, you need to be more lady-like. How could you in front of a boy …”
“Mom, please.”
“Hae Bum hyung now is a very successful doctor, ahjumma.” Dujun said in the end. I just shut my lips. What was the point he told my mom what Hae Bum oppa’s current job? It was not like hearing that information was a good idea.
***
“You have agreed to not recognize each other.” I said once we sat on the seats of boarding room.
“I do.” He said, short. “But, I don’t think I agree to not notice your mom.” He smiled. “Ahjumma is still so nice to me. Not like you.”
“Who is the not-nice-guy here actually …” I hissed.
“By the way, I don’t know that you come with me to Korea.” He uttered. “So, we gonna bump to each other often?”
“Is that really important? Bump into each other? In your dream!” I folded my hands in front of my chest, “Yoon Dujun-sshi, mind your own business,” and I closed my eyes.
“What a stubborn girl.” I heard him hissed before I fell to sleep, and before I realized I was going to go to South Korea, the place I avoided the most in this world.
***
to be cont

No comments:

Post a Comment