Friday, January 18, 2013

[FANFIC] GOODBYE TO ROMANCE 03



THE GAME


The seminar hall was the biggest one in this university. I smiled to myself as knowing I had worked hard for this seminar. I eyed the people who slowly fulfilled the hall. They sat on the chairs which my friends and I had set yesterday. Many professors and their students came from various universities around the world, but I put interest more to the local professors and students. I like seeing Indonesians. It was especially because they had different appearances since they came from many races. This was so different with Koreans whose skins all had the similar tone color. I got bored easily living there. But, thanks to God, I had not so bright skin, because my mom was a Javanese, one of races found in Indonesia. The skin color of Javanese women was the best I had ever seen, exotic, and sexy. Indonesians called it as sawo-matang, you know, it was brown, but not dark, and beautiful. I had inherited that, but I also had gifted with the look of Korean, I had mono eyelid, pointed nose, and the best jaw line that many girls would kill to have it. But still, many people picked me because I was slightly different.
“Hi, KG(key-ji)!”
See. That voice called me. My friends started creating nickname for me since the first day I sat on my chair at the first class we ever had. You know, KG was the acronym of Korean Girl. I sighed. I turned around to see the face of the voice owner. I saw a not-so-tall-guy waved to me from the door entrance. He had a very nice tan skin, he had come from Bali, yeah, the best place in the world, that was ours, Indonesians’. His name was Bayu.
“Hi, what’s up?” I walked toward him. He smiled. “Something comes up?”
“Yup.” He whispered. “Your South Korean contingent.”
“What’s with them?” I asked.
“They left one of them at the hotel.” He replied while leaning his face to me, to no let the other heard our conversation. “He slept over and his friends forgot to wake him up.” He shook his head. “Silly.”
“Really?” I sighed, rolled my eyes. “We can give him the address. Or, we can call taxi to pick him.” I added. “How, Bay?” He laughed. “Why?”
“Do you think he will come?” He asked.
“Ehm, I bet he will.” I answered. “Why? What happen actually?”
“He wants you to pick him up.” He said made me speechless.
“Oh… How can… Why?” I glared at him.
“I don’t have any idea, KG.” He said. “Prof Waskito ordered me to deliver this message.” He continued. “You better go there before the seminar begins.” He giggled. “Or, before Prof Waskito canceled the A mark for your paper, KG.”
“No way.” I hissed. “Okay, who is his name?” I asked.
“Ehm, wait…” He read the guest attendance book. “Yoon… Yoon Dujun.” He said. “Yoon Dujun? I had heard his name before… But, where…?” Before I could hear the next sentences from Bayu I had opened the door and ran to my car in the parking lot.
Yoon Dujun, don’t ever try to ruin me anymore.
***
The hallway of the hotel was such an empty place made me feel hollow. I walked with a bellboy who looked unstable on his feet. Once we stood in front of a room, he opened the door, and let me in. He bowed, and then gone from my sight. I entered the room while trying to see the condition inside the room. “Yoon Dujun-sshi.” I whispered. No one answered me. This room was quite big enough for two until three people. There was a plasma television on the wall, a fridge under it, and two beds beside a bathroom. I saw black hair on top of the bed. That must be Dujun’s. “Yoon Dujun-sshi.” I walked nearly reached him when he moved from his sleep, and opened the blanket. I stared at him. He saw me, silent for two minutes, and smiled.
“Oh you are here.” He said. He sat on the bed. “They left me alone.”
“You should get ready; the seminar will begin in thirty minutes, Yoon Dujun-sshi.” I said. “I will wait you outside.” I continued while got ready to go out from the room as he stood in front of me.
“Oh okay.” He said. “You can go.” He added. “I’ll be ready in ten minutes.”
I nodded, bowed, and walked to the door, closed it behind me. I touched my heart, it felt like a knife had stabbed me hundreds times. I almost couldn’t breathe there. I felt like there was no oxygen left for me every time he was around me. How am I supposed to live?
“Hi.” I jumped from my foot hearing his voice on my right ear. “I have finished.” He said, looked at me.
“Oh.” I gulped down my own saliva while trying to stay focus. “Let’s go.” I said, without looking at him, led him in this hollow hallway. I could hear his footsteps echoed on the walls. I shook my head, and ignored it.
***
“How do you feel? Are you feeling better? Last night …” He began the conversation.
“Do you know me?” I asked back, while kept driving, focused to the road in front of me.
“What do you mean?” He sighed, “of course.”
“But, I don’t know you.” I said. “Don’t act as if you know me well, Yoon Dujun-sshi.” I added. He turned his face to get the better vision of me. “Why? Don’t look at a stranger like that. That’s not polite.” He did not reply me. He kept silent and gazed the road outside the window.
“Okay then, if you want to keep playing this game like this.” He uttered. “I’ll take part.”
I sighed. How I hope I could give wings to my car so I could skip the traffic jam and flied to the university, and dragged this guy out from my car. How I wish!
***
The seminar was nearly end. I yawned when Bayu patted my back. “This.” He handed me a cola. “Had you had enough sleep last night?” He asked. “You looked so pale.” He continued. “KG, don’t tell me you think about this seminar all night long.” He rolled his eyes. “I knew it already, a clever student like you is …”
“Don’t talk anymore.” I pinched his cheek. “I never once think about this seminar. That idiot… no, I mean, Prof Waskito just uses me.” I laughed. “Am I that easy?” I asked.
“This, Jane. You know, you always act as if people have bad intention to you. You never once trust people easily.” He murmured. “You look nice outside, but inside of you live a very complicated creature.” He hit my forehead. “Why are you trying so hard?”
“…” I didn’t have any idea with every word he said. “What do you mean?”
“Nothing.” He said. “KG, don’t forget, Prof Waskito is still 40, he is not that old.” He waved his hands as he walked to the bunch of American contingent. “See you later, KG.”
I just nodded. I gulped my cola and almost sprayed it when I saw Prof Waskito walked to my direction. He smiled. Oh damn.
“Jane.” He called my name.
“Yes, sir.” I combed my hair with my fingers. “Has the seminar gone well?” I faked smile.
“For sure.” He showed his proud smile. “Thank you for picking up Prof Son and his students. He likes you a lot.” He said while patted my shoulder.
“Oh really?” I was just asking in courtesy of hospitality. “That is my pleasure, sir.” I added. “So, is my task end?” I purely asked and wanted a ‘yes’ from him.
“I am sorry, Jane.” He said. “But, you gonna have another task.” He continued. “I’ll give you another A for you’re another paper if you accept this task.”
Again? He was not asking my agreement, but he commanded me.
“What is it, Prof?” I asked.
“Prof Son and his students want you to guide them to have sight-seeing around Jakarta.” He said. “What do you think?”
A guide? Me? I was supposed to finish some books. And, finished some stuffs to get ready to fly to my dad’s place. But, now, guiding South Korean tourists? Well, everything worked as you had planned it, Professor.
“I am afraid I can’t reject it.” I said. “I will do it, sir.” I faked smile, once again.
“Thank you, Jane.” He smiled from ear to ear. “You are indeed the best.” He patted my shoulder again before leaving me.
“What? Best? Me?” I folded my hands in front of my chest. “What if I can’t speak Korea?” I sighed. “Stupid.” I almost went to the entrance door when someone bumped into me. The cola wet my white shirt. What the hell… “Hi, please watch your …”
“I am sorry.” A voice of a man, he lend me his hand, “I don’t see you, miss.” He added. I eyed him. He looked at me as if he never once met me. “Are you okay?” He bowed. I gazed him, amazed by his professional acting skill. “Then, excuse me.” He was about to leave me, when I called his name.
“Dujun-sshi.”
He turned around to face me. “Who are you?” He asked with an eyebrow arched. “How do you know my name? Did I know you before?” He continued. My jaw dropped.
“What?”
***
-to be cont- 

2 comments: