Wednesday, January 16, 2013

[FANFIC] GOOD BYE TO ROMANCE 02



-The Unwanted Meeting-

“Are you sure?”
“Yes, one hundred percent sure.”
“This is crazy.”
“What? Hyaa, Soo Ah, of course this is beyond crazy.”
“I mean, I swear, yesterday I watched BEAST still had music program.”
“So?”
“They are still promoting their new album!”
“What is the relation with me?”
“Hyaa, baboyaa[1], this means Dujun is not supposed to be there!”
Mwo? Jinjja?[2]
“He em. Jinjja jii[3]” I saw Soo Ah came closer to the camera of her laptop. “Hyaa, Jae In, don’t you think he is so hot now?” She whispered.
“Why are you whispering?” I asked.  “Is your brother there?” I whispered too.
Ani[4].” She said fast. “Wae[5]? Wae? You still crazy over my brother?”
“What?” I yelped, “Not at all. I was… I was… just afraid he could hear our…” I rolled my eyes, “stupid conversation.” I said.
“Hahaha… Araseo araseo[6]…” She laughed out loud. “So, to sum up, Dujun is now there with his college mates.”
“And also his old Prof.”
“Yes, and also with his Prof.” She added. “To attend the International seminar of your Prof.” She looked thinking hard made me giggle. I kept staring to my laptop monitor screen without realizing someone had seated on my bed for awhile. “So… hyaa, Jae In, your mom on your back.” She whispered. I turned around to come to my sight Mom sat there calmly.
“Go on.” She said. “You must have been having a conversation with Soo Ah.” I just simply nodded. Mom walked to me and watched the monitor. She smiled and waved her hands, “Hi, Soo Ah, it’s been awhile…” which replied by Soo Ah bowing to her camera, looked so silly, I chuckled. “If you have ended the skype conversation, go down stair, mom needs to talk with you.” She said as walking out from my room.
“What happen?” Soo Ah asked.
“I don’t know.” I shook my head.
“Let’s finish this.” She said. “Go to your mom.”
“Ahh really?”
“Ehm.” She nodded. “I have two examinations tomorrow.” She said. “See you later, Jae In. I miss you as much as I wish I could hug you now.” She acted like a crying baby before laughing hard. “Bye.” She turned off the camera and I lazily stood from my seat. 
***
“Your dad is in coma.”
“…”
“You need to go there.”
“…”
“Mommy can’t go.”
“Why?” I asked, in a daze.
“His family won’t let me come to their house.” She said, hands on her face, his elbows on the table for support. “You know it already, Jane.”
“I know mom, but how come you… YOU ARE HIS WIFE!” I yelped, stood from my seat. “Why… why you are so complicated?” I whispered, trying to calm myself down.
“I… you know, Jane, they just love you, accept you, but not me.” She said, gazed me, in a complete frustration. “Please understand your mom once.” She mumbled.
“Because you have divorced with him? Is this?” I let my tears form. No, I did not want it to fall, but I just couldn’t handle it. “Then why you divorced with him in the first place? Why?”
“You don’t know…” She uttered. “Don’t bring up the old shit.”
“This is not old shit, mom.” I walked to her. “This is always the same problem for me, the problem which never once leaves me in peace. I still don’t know why you adult do something silly like this. Married, had sex, and divorced!” I yelled. “WHY?”
She didn’t answer with her mouth. She answered my question with her hand. She slapped me. The tears wet my cheek. I looked at her, stiffened. I was panting like crazy bitch. I didn’t dare to look at her anymore, I walked from the living room, took my jacket and gripped the door knob before I closed it behind me and cried hard on the floor of the veranda.
***

“Your dad is in coma.”

Those words kept repeating in my mind like a broken cassette. I took a sip of my coffee. I looked at the cars which flooded the road in front of this café. Slightly I could see my own image on the mirror of the window. I saw a girl with red eyes, her long black hair is in a mess, her round face swollen, and her left cheek reddened. I touched the reddish cheek. I felt a tear went down but I hastily wiped it away, and back gulped my coffee.
“Jae In?” Someone called my name. I looked at the one who called me. He stood there, in front of me while smiling, but the smile slightly lost from his lips, as he sat on the seat in front of me. “What happen with you?”
I widened my eyes, before I hide my face under my hands. “What are you doing here?” I asked. “How come you get here?” While saying that I tried to erase all the tears that probably had fallen before. Once I felt all the tears were gone, I looked his eyes. He was there, eyed me.
“Are you crying?” He asked.
“I am not.” I said, fast. “I asked you, how come you get here?”
“I just have a sight-seeing with my mates. There they are.” He pointed to the table full of four boys who was talking and laughing while enjoying their coffees and cakes. “And how come I get here? This place is right in front of our hotel we staying at now.” He said, pointed to other direction.
I widened my eyes. Stupid! Stupid girl! I didn’t realize that my favorite café was stood right in front of the hotel he was staying at. Damn me! Now, I needed to get rid from this boy. Wait, we were now not a boy or a girl anymore. We were young-adults. We were man and woman. Oh, I needed to get rid from this man. Hyaa, Jane! This was not the time to think whether you were a girl or a woman! I shook my head. I must have lost my balance.
“I am sorry, I need to go!” I stood from my seat. I bowed, and went to leave him when he gripped my wrist. I turned around to see him stared at me with his black eyes. I remembered those eyes, I knew them very well. “What now?” I compiled all my soul to stay strong in front of him. “Let me go.” I said, calm, meanwhile my heart was beating so fast. Kung-kung-kung[7].
“Why you so busy today?” He asked, never once left my eyes.
“I… I…” I lost in words, gazed the floor… “I… Dujun-ahh.” I burst in tears.
“Let’s go out.” He tightened his grip. “Where is your car key?” I handed him my car key which I held it all the time. “Let’s go out first.” He said. I just nodded without looking at him, still gazed the floor. I didn’t know what had possessed me.
***
This is the unwanted meeting. I didn’t want it. But, the accidentally meeting like this would always happen like what usually appeared in the movie. Jane, this is not the time to think about movie. I said in my heart. I wiped my tears; saw him who eyed me all the time. He didn’t spoke at all once we seated on the passenger seats of my car.
“Why are looking at me like that?” Finally I stopped crying, and stared at him.
“Something bad happened?” He asked.
“Not really.” I sighed. Closed my eyes, and leaned my head back. You could consider that your mom slapped you as something bad; you must be a bad girl. She slapped you because she loved you, a lot. “I love my mom.” I mumbled.
“What?” He looked confused.
“I love my mom… she loves me too… so there was no something bad had happened.”  I said, opened my eyes. “And there won’t be the next bad thing.” I gazed him.
“…” He didn’t talk, stared at me, “how come you still stay the same?” He uttered.
“Me?” I frowned. “I am not the old Jae In you knew anymore, Dujun-ahh.” I whispered.
“You…” He cupped my cheeks.
“Hyaa… what is this?” I shouted.
“You… you know… I miss you…” He dug my eyes deeply, “so much.”
“W-wh-what?” I couldn’t believe with what I had heard.
“How come you left me… like that?” He moved his hands to my side, and hugged me. His warm breath was on my neck. I closed my eyes. This was the most unwanted meeting I had ever imagined. I shouldn’t have let him in to my car at first.
“Don’t be like that, Dujun-ahh.” I said, pulled myself back. “We are not more than any strangers.” I stated, straight. “Thank you for your concern, can you get out from my car now?” I ordered.
He saw me confusedly. “What’s so wrong from me?” He asked.
“You are now an idol.” I said. “A star, your place is not here.” I opened the door, “before I get more troubles, please get lost.” I commanded.
“No one knows I am in Jakarta now.” He said.
“I don’t care. Please go out.” I said. I gazed the dark sky. “And… all this time… I never once miss you.” He almost got out from my car when he heard every word I had uttered. He eyed me before completely got out from my car and closed it hard. He stood on the side of my car as I turned on the engine. “Jang Jae In, you are a monster.” I whispered to myself.
***
-to be cont-



[1] fool
[2] really?
[3] really
[4] no
[5] why?
[6] understand
[7] The sound of heart beat.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA. great! You deliberately took Soo Ah there on Skype ! LOL ! where is Soo Ah actually? Korea?

    ReplyDelete