Wednesday, January 16, 2013

[FLASH FICTION] Divine Love

I eyed him. I saw his moves. He was the best in his field. I believed my eyes. They couldn't lie to me. Not now. He was extremely handsome. I could sense it. He was the most wanted man in this place. Many people called his name. The girls named him, claimed him as theirs. While the men, clapped on him, cheered on him as shouted the jealousy. I was just standing here, watched over him. He didn't know me yet. He had no idea who I was.

"I have waited for this for almost a thousand years." I whispered. "The time has come, handsome." I licked my lips while my eyes couldn't leave him. "Let's play the game." I shot him with an arrow - a love arrow. I had waited for it many years. I had waited to be this brave to just shoot him. I saw him fell on his knees as he touched his chest. I could see the blood. He was nearly reached me. I smiled. Came to me, came. I arched my back as wings appeared on my back. "I will take you, I won't let you leave me ever again." I said. 

The handsome man closed his eyes while his body fell to the stage. He died. People started screaming his name. Meanwhile, I could see his spirit came out from his body. He was still alive. He looked at me, frown. "What are you?" he asked. 

"The angel of death, immortal." I said. "You now die." I added. 

"I am immortal, how come I die?" He said.

"Because I have fallen for you for almost a thousand years." I smiled. "Come with me."

He gazed me confusedly. "But, you are a man, death angel." 

-fin-

inspired by: A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment